Many Mountaineer fans are relieved that the ranked showdown with Texas Tech will not be on ESPN+. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. on Saturday and the game was set to be televised by ESPN2.
Well, now there is a change. Fear not Mountaineer fans, you still are free from dealing with the world of ESPN+ and illegal Facebook watch parties. The Mountaineers have been elevated from ESPN2 to ESPN.
Feels good to be back home! 🏠
— WVU Basketball (@WVUhoops) January 11, 2020
More Stories on WVU Basketball:
- WVU Responds After Tough Loss at the Phog, Proves They Belong in Big 12 Title Discussion
- WVU Visits Kansas as Massive Underdogs
- Big 12 Recognizes WVU Freshman Guard Miles McBride
- AP Poll Released – Mountaineers Get Underwhelming Bump
- WVU Sits at No. 1 in Latest RPI Rankings
After starting conference play with two games on the road, the Mountaineers get back to the friendly confines of the Coliseum. Vegas oddsmakers have set the Mountaineers as five-point favorites for the matchup between conference rivals.
The last matchup between these two teams was in the Big 12 Tournament when the young Mountaineers upset the Red Raiders by a final score of 79-74.
— WVSports.com (@WVSportsDotCom) March 15, 2019
The Red Raiders bounced back from the loss and were the eventual national runners-up while head coach Chris Beard was named the AP National Coach of the Year.