After taking a six-point lead into the half, West Virginia went ice cold in the second half, losing to No. 3 Kansas by a final score of 60 to 53.
During the first half WVU freshman, Oscar Tshiebwe was a man among boys. He had a double-double by halftime with 15 points and 10 rebounds. West Virginia led Kansas by a score of 30 to 24.
Oscar Tshiebwe with 15 and 10 at the half. WVU leads 30-24. pic.twitter.com/Umx2e1kuUr
— MountaineerSports.com (@mtneersports) January 4, 2020
The second half was a different story as the Mountaineers went ice cold from the field. Kansas was led by Udoka Azubuike with 17 points and Devon Dotson with 16 points.
West Virginia was led by a monster performance from Oscar Tshiebwe who finished with 17 points and 17 rebounds. Miles McBride was never able to get completely on track, but still was able to get 13 points off the bench.
A big part of the game was Derek Culver being held to just five points.
More Stories on WVU Basketball:
- Big 12 Recognizes WVU Freshman Guard Miles McBride
- AP Poll Released – Mountaineers Get Underwhelming Bump
- WVU Sits at No. 1 in Latest RPI Rankings
- On to Kansas – Tip Time, Broadcasting Info for the Saturday Showdown in Lawrence
- WATCH: Bob Huggins Reacts to WVU Win Over No. 2 Ohio State
Up next for WVU is a trip to Oklahoma State in just two days for Big Monday. The game will be on ESPN2.