Tennessee Post Game Notes With Delmus
West Virginia got off to a blazing start and took a 19-7 lead. It was all downhill from there as West Virginia was blown out 83-66 by the No. 1 Vols.
Tennessee Post Game Notes:
- West Virginia played the hardest they’ve played all season for the first 9 minutes of the game. Defensive pressure was outstanding. Coach Huggins clearly had the team ready to play.
- Our offense after getting up 19-7:
- Almost 10 minutes without a score is unacceptable.
- Why does our defense consistently allow wide open 3s in the corner? Every game? And why does every opponent seemingly shoot 80% from the corner against us?
- Tennessee’s Grant Williams is not the best player in the country. He is no more talented than Esa Ahmad. He is Esa Ahmad with a heart.
- James “Brittle” Bolden
- Overall, proud of the effort. Postgame with Huggins was again embarrassing.
Up next the Mountaineers take a trip to Ames to take on the Iowa State Cyclones. This will be their first match-up of the season. Iowa State is coming in hot after taking down No. 20 Mississippi on the road by a final score of 87-73. They also own wins over Kansas and Texas Tech.