The West Virginia Mountaineers have now laid claim to the Big 12 Newcomer of the Week award five times with Miles McBride claiming it this week for the second time. The other three were claimed by Oscar Tshiebwe.
McBride set a career-high in the win over Texas Tech, with 22 points off the bench. “Deuce” went 8-for-11 from the field and 4-for-4 from the line. McBride had 10 points in the win over Oklahoma State on the road.
Deuce earns his second Newcomer of the Week award from the Big 12. 🏀 https://t.co/nUSzpIpw0N
— WV Illustrated (@wvillustrated) January 13, 2020
Up next for the Mountaineers is TCU on Tuesday night at 9 p.m.
Which talented Mountaineer freshman will take home the Big 12 Newcomer of the Week next? Could there be a little back and forth between the two talented freshmen with regards to who wins it next?
More Stories on WVU Basketball:
- Mountaineers Surge in AP Top 25
- Texas Tech Blogger Gives Hilarious Reason as to ‘Why the Red Raiders Lost to West Virginia’
- WVU Sits at No. 1 in Latest RPI Rankings
- Deuce is Wild – Miles McBride Leads No. 17 WVU Past No. 22 Texas Tech, 66-54
- WVU Responds After Tough Loss at the Phog, Proves They Belong in Big 12 Title Discussion
Mountaineer fans would be quite alright with that as long as they keep stacking wins.